Sunday, July 09, 2006

Tutti Nella Famiglia





The Italian Connection: My Father's Side
April 1957

In 1974-77, Edson Arantes do Nascimento, O Rei do Futebol (Pelé), came to play ball with the New York Cosmos. Not really knowing much about the game, but loving to read about and watching great atheletes, my father took us to see him play. I remember it being packed, and not knowing what I was watching (being raised on baseball), but it was exciting. Most of all, I remember the chant of 'COSMO'S! COSMO'S!' ringing so loudly through the stadium everytime they took control of the ball.

What does it have to do with a photograph of cousins and uncles and aunts I have never met? Nothing, except this...

FORZA AZZURRI will rule supreme as the 2006 World Cup Champions by days end (or I will eat my words). But mark my words, either will happen.

Lucious Jackson: Pele Merengue (Buy It!)

No comments: