Sunday, August 27, 2006

Piggy On!



Rockland Waste Water Treatment Plant
Late-Summer 2006

I don't know much (anything) about pigeons. But I do know, for a fact, that very few people have a tolerence for them. I like them (as did, according to random research, Yul Bryner, Gypsy Rose Lee, Queen Elizabeth II (although I doubt she actually ever touched any of them), and Roy Rogers). And so does the person that raises them at The Rockland Waste Water Treatment Plant. I have walked by this facility, every morning, for the past three years on the way to work—and Thursday, curiosity finally got the best of me.

I did not get a chance to meet the person who raises them, but Ron (that's what the name on his shirt read) gave me the nickel tour. These pigeons are big, boldly colored, and beautiful. I hope to go back again to talk with the breeder himself, and hopefully share it with you here. You'll be the first to know.

ROY ROGERS RIDERS CLUB RULES:
1. Be neat and clean.
2. Be courteous and polite.
3. Always obey your parents.
4. Protect the weak and help them.
5. Be brave but never take chances.
6. Study hard and learn all you can.
7. Be kind to animals and take care of them.
8. Eat all your food and never waste any.
9. Love God and go to Sunday school regularly.
10. Always respect our flag and our country.

Happy Trails, my friends, until we meet again. Probably , tomorrow.

Peter Kreuder: His Piano and His Orchestra: Birds of Paradise (Buy It!)
They Might Be Giants: Birdhouse In Your Soul (Buy It!)

No comments: