Friday, January 25, 2008
Greetings From Sunny Vinylhaven!
If I had a band, it would be a Manly (Iowa) band. What would your band be? Check it out below.
The Sun Is Shining
I've got vinyl. Lots of it. And very little room to store it.
I've been lugging around my collection of vinyl from house to house, state to state, and decade to decade for, well, decades. I can't get rid of it. And, why should I? (Well, aside from the storage issue.) The thought of buying their Cd replacements would be cost prohibitive, and the mere memory value alone has prevented me from leaving them behind instead of packing them onto the moving truck yet once again. Just what is a vinyl addict to do?
G, having put up with these 'beats of burden' for the last four relocations, finally took action. This past month she purchased one of those turntable-to-computer wonders that allows me to turn all of my scratchy musical memories into scratchy digital mp3's. Now, every other night or so, I hook up this mother of musical invention to my laptop and, "Hey, G! Listen to this! I loved this album!" And, DJ Mushi Mush is on the needle, slowly, but surely, digitizing the old into the new.
I'll post more as they come.
Oh, and you want to find out What's Your Band?
1. The first article title on the Wikipedia Random Articles page is your band name.
2. The last four words of the very last quotation on the Random Quotations page is the title of your album.
3. The third picture in Flickr’s Interesting Photos From The Last 7 Days is your album cover.
4. Throw it all together in the graphic program of your choice, and ...
5. Show your friends your new album cover because, You Rock!
Now, enjoy some scratchy music!
(Buy: Graham Nash: Wild Tales)
Don't Be Sad 'Cause Your Sun Is Down
(Buy: James Taylor: In The Pocket)
Here Comes Sunshine
(Buy: Grateful Dead: Wake Of The Flood)
Any Way The Wind Blows
(Buy: The Mothers Of Invention: Freak Out!)
(Buy: Gil Scott-Heron : Brian Jackson: From South Africa to South Carolina)